1. What are the basic requirements for franchising with Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii?
We will require that you agree to build, open, and operate the number of cafes determined reasonable for the territory. Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii will set the number of cafes for the territory based upon an analysis of the market. Many factors are considered, including, but not limited to the following considerations: competition, economic, demographic, and geography. Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii will not grant any development agreements for territories that cannot justify a minimum of 5 cafes.
2. If I cannot meet your financial requirements for franchising by myself, can I partner up with other people?
Absolutely; we have many franchisees that have partnered up with other interested parties to become franchisees. However, the partners must be directly involved in the application and negotiation process.
3. Why does Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii require that a franchise partner have approximately US $750,000 in liquid assets per cafe to financially qualify?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii has determined that in most cases these numbers are necessary in order for a franchisee to qualify for the loans that are required to build cafes. We feel that these numbers represent the level of financial responsibility that our franchisees should have.
4. What are 'Liquid Assets'?
The most common forms are cash, stocks, bonds and inventory.
5. Why do you have to build a minimum of 5 cafes?
We use this minimum to keep our franchise developers profitable and the investment viable, and cost effective. The number of cafes also requires that you are financially sound enough to continue to grow the Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii brand.
6. Is the franchise partner required to build all cafes for your development agreement at once or over a period of time?
Development schedules will vary by the number of cafes you agree to develop and the "Territory" you have been granted.
7. Are there any territorial obligations?
Each franchise partner will be granted a specific territory to develop a specific number of cafes. A cafe cannot be relocated without our prior written approval.
8. Does Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii own the real estate and the building or must the franchisee buy them?
The franchise partner is responsible for buying or leasing the real estate and for the cost of building the cafe. We will offer assistance in site selection, architectural design and other areas of construction, but Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii does not own the real estate or the building.
9.How long does it normally take to get approved to become a franchisee?
Normally the franchising process takes between 90 and 120 days, although we require a Letter of Intent with a Deposit after the necessary information has been forwarded to both parties.
10. Once I am approved to become a franchise partner, how long until I can actually open a Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii cafe?
You agree to the opening date of your first cafe in the development agreement, but as a rule most people open their first cafe within 6 months.
11. Should I hire a marketing professional locally to work with us?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii recommends that you hire a marketing professional and / or agency locally to work directly with you to assist in development and execution of the Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii Corporate Marketing Programs in your region.
12. Is there any financial assistance?
13. Once I become a Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii Franchise Partner where do I purchase the products to run my business?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii will provide our distinctive Hawaiian Signature blend coffee and retail merchandise, as well as custom-branded items for sale.
14. How do I know which menu items will work in my country?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii has a standard menu that is used around the world which can be supplemented as necessary from a list of optional menu items.
15. Can I add items to the menu that are not standard in the US?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii does allow some variance but they are considered from market to market. We work very closely with our franchise partners to develop products that are popular in the local market.
16. Can I buy local items to supply my cafe?
Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii will help you source product locally, that meet our specifications.